Lost apps in IOS5 upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by GatorsUF, Oct 25, 2011.

1. GatorsUF macrumors newbie

How can I restore the apps to my wifes iPhone? I synced before I ever did any update, and then I updated. It for some reason deleted all her apps and when I plug it in to iTunes it only shows the apps that come with the update. Syncing again does nothing.

I read you could restore from and old backup, but when I click restore it says its going to reset factory settings...

Is there anything else I can do? Seems everyone I have talked to had issues during the update process with losing contacts or apps or both.

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

You have to restore from the backup you made. Restoring will delete everything on the phone but it should back it up first.

3. GatorsUF thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I restore from a backup. Unless there is something I am not seeing I think it deleted my backups or something...

I hit sync before I updated, and to my understanding it was supposed to backup the phone before it updated. But I don't see any backups unless I am not looking in the right spot.

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Click 'Restore'. Once it's completed you will have a two options. One will offer to set up as a new phone and the other to set up from a backup. Obviously you choose the latter.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Or more easily, right-click (control-click) the iphone on the left side of the iTunes window and select "Restore from Backup..."