Lost Apps/Photos on Refurb iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bryanc28, Mar 7, 2010.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Had to get a refurb iPhone from Apple; they told me when I plugged in my phone to my Macbook it would say "re-store from back-up" or something like that. It never did. I tried anyway. Now all my apps are gone. My photos are still on my Macbook, but didn't transfer to the refurb. Even my calendar didn't sync. My itunes account shows my purchase history. But when I go on the iPhone and re-purchase a paid app, it still wants to charge me for something I already bought...I wish Apple would just allow user replacement batteries as this has been a huge headache.

What in the heck am I doing wrong??

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Weren't your apps on your computer? If not, what you needed to do was transfer purchase. If they are, you can still sync everything over. If you've lost everything, you might as restore as new (setup as new) and try to restore from a backup (press option and click restore to see if you have older backups). Then sync everything. If you have calendar stuff in iCal, then it has to sync them as long as you pick iCal to sync.

Are you sure you checked off all the sync options in the Info Tab, and all the rest of the tabs when you have your iPhone icon selected in the left pane?

3. bryanc28 thread starter macrumors 6502

bryanc28

4. oposky2006 macrumors member

So long as you are using the same iTunes account to download the apps there is no charge. Since your Photos are on your computer, they can easily be put back via a sync, as can your calendars.