Lost Audio Output in my MPB 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ansirone, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ansirone macrumors regular

ansirone

For the past few days, my MBP has not been able to play any type of audio. I've check the sound panel in the system prefs and its says there is no audio output. I then checked the system profiler and it seems like there is no audio driver found. here's a screenshot of what it says:

[​IMG]

I've done a clean format and installed Lion and still nothing. is it a software issue or is it something with the logic board or hardware issue. any info would be appreciated. please help!

2. ansirone thread starter macrumors regular

ansirone

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

try plugging a set of headphones into the MBP to see if it triggers the port. The audio port is designed to switch between digital and analog depending on the type of plug inserted. Perhaps its stuck in an awkward position. Its worth a shot.

Or maybe I'm off my rocker. Worst case scenario; the logic board will need replacement.

4. ender land macrumors 6502a

What does System Preferences -> Sound -> Output show?

I've had my MBP get stuck on digital output before and needed to manually switch it back.

5. ansirone, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

ansirone thread starter macrumors regular

ansirone

it used to show internal speakers but now it shows nothing. seems like there's no input at all. i've installed an optibay to swap out the optical drive. would it be possible i moved something? I'm pretty sure I did a clean swap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ender land macrumors 6502a

That would seem likely (especially if you lost sound closely to when you did that).

7. FunkTechNician macrumors member

did you ever figure this out? this just happen to my on my 2009 mbp i was on bootcamp and it did a windows update and restarted and then when windows started back up no audio then i switched back to mac side and it showed everything the same as the original poster.

8. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

I recommend a fresh install. Something file might be corrupted.

9. ansirone thread starter macrumors regular

ansirone

yes! my thread is back on. still no sound for me, i've resulted to using a usb audio imic jack. I'm guessing it's a logic board problem. i've tried a fresh install and still nothing.