Lost Baggage on Virgin America ...?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fab5freddy, Dec 15, 2008.

1. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

I recently lost my baggage on a Virgin America flight
    from LAX to JFK, and have had horrendous customer service
    trying to recover my bag or and get compensation for the loss ....

Has anyone lost baggage on Virgin America ?

thanks for any advice to get my bag back or get proper compensation .

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

never lost anything on virgin but southwest lost my surfboard and they delivered it to my house the next day!! good luck, and hope you get your bags back!

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Virgin Air is the apple of Richard Branson's eye. Escalate the issue upwards and contact a problem-solving consumer affairs editor in one of the large national dailies if it still is unresolved. Big companies don't like the media poking around.

Also, look into a consumer affairs site for your state. Here's one for California, for example.

4. fab5freddy thread starter macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

5. sfdennisen macrumors newbie

Hello, fab5freddy. Just like you, virgin america lost my luggage at sfo late Sept 08. They advised me that for the next 5 days, each day that I am not reunited with my luggage, the would give me 25 bucks. And they did. I got a whopping $125.00. Fast forward to December 22. After submitting a sheet back in early November that they had fill out with all the contents of my lost luggage with accompanying information (where purchased, original cost, brand, etc.) I was told that my reimbursement has still not been approved by the "managers," supposedly because of the holiday season. What a crock of s**t. Everytime I talk to them, they ask me for receipts. And I could only come up with a few because the more expensive itmes in my luggage were purchased a few years ago. Suffice it to say, I have been given the runaround for about 3 months now. I now plan to file a complaint against Virgin America with the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs. Sorry for the horror story, fab5freddy, but I would also suggest you be very stern with them, because my tactic of being nice and patient while complaining at the same time didn't seem to work. I sincerely hope you have more luck with them than I am having.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Send a snail mail letter to Richard Branson - Office of the President at Virgin America. cc the BBB, your local TYV consumer reporter etc.

7. fab5freddy thread starter macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

thanks for the replies. hope Virgin America hears about this.

8. Summer2009 macrumors newbie

Lost Baggage on Virgin America

I was traveling recently on their flight - and lost the bag. First they said I never checked in any bag (at first place) then "Oh OK " was the response after looking at the boarding pass.

Next day when I call to find out the answer is -" no idea where is the bag"
    Third day "we found your bag and we will deliver it to your house by noon"
    Third day "sorry we don't know where is your bag, still trying to locate it"

Whenever I make a call to them have to repeat the whole story as other person is on duty and they have no idea of what's going on and then they be "I will get back to you if I have any information about it" which they never as there is no information on it.

The service is so great that I don't think I would ever travel on their flights.

All of this is so frustrating and tiring.

IF you really want to fly with peace of mind then don't go on any of Virgin flights.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Or learn to pack light and only bring a carry-on.

I've not checked in a bag in a decade.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

Then again, the war for overhead space for bags doesn't really exist in Europe as it does in America. With so many people trying to shove full sized suitcases up there, it makes it difficult for people like me to travel with a 35cm height roll-a-board.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm sure there are people here who have flown far more often than me for business and such, but I've flown quite a few times, and I have only had a single bag lost (Sydney to Taipei, China Airways flight). It was returned to me in 1.5 days.

I always think it'll be my turn once again to have a bag of mine lost, and I think of how crappy it would be, since I don't even keep my receipts. :eek: