Lost Contacts during Upgrade to OS4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mattyweaver, Jun 21, 2010.

1. mattyweaver macrumors newbie

My iPhone syncs with my gmail contacts, but they were all lost during upgrade. In the gmail account settings, it no longer allows me to select contacts for syncing. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Did you restore fro backup? If not click restore and pick your backup that you did when you updated. Here all hiding in there.

3. TheEffigy macrumors newbie

I lost my contacts as well as all my SMS messages - and there is no backup available for today (ie just before the upgrade) even though I clearly saw it creating the backup for quite a while.

4. david3004 macrumors newbie

sick of iphone updates!!!

Every single time i upgrade my iphone software, it wipes the data. No matter what I do. My girlfriends iphone is the same. I can't even sync my apps with itunes, it just wants to delete them everytime i plug it in. Seriously, I love my iphone and macbook, so i'm not a mac hater, but they need to sort this out. Every time there is an update, I see so many other people in the same boat, so when are they going to get it sorted??? I never have this problem with my laptop, so don't expect this much trouble with the phone. itunes is one of the worst pieces of software i have to use, and avoid it unless its vital. i'd gladly use a third party software for my phone that "just works". Come on Apple, pull your finger out on the iphone software. I'm more likely to jailbreak it now than update to the official os from now on. And as for getting the new one, if it means 2 more years of the same problems - forget it!!!

5. DSanders macrumors newbie

Ive had the same issue.

I hooked up the phone, it backed up. I then downloaded the OS4 update. It had a bit of a grumpy, but I thought "oh well its all backed up". Turns out now I can only see the two OS4 backups. 12 Months of contacts lost. Im absolutely LIVID. Going to try one last time to restore it and hope.

6. DSanders macrumors newbie

Bit of a development.

Ive now tried to back up to the earlier of the two backups. I have a feeling it was the one prior to the restore of the data, so It could be at the point of it being completely blank, or fingers crossed it could be containing my contacts. HOWEVER. When restoring, it goes into the infinite loop. Bummer

Dunc