Lost Contacts

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacFAQ, Oct 29, 2010.

1. MacFAQ macrumors newbie

Hello gentlemen,

One of the folks that I work with has lost all of their contacts on their MacBook, however, they remain on her iPad. MobileMe is not a factor in this case and though knowing why the contacts disappeared would be nice what I really need to know is if anyone has a link to step by step in instructions on how to properly and carefully synch all of her contacts back to her MacBook using iTunes?

She works in another country so being able to simply link her to some instructions would be useful. On top of that, is there any way that she can back up her iPad contacts before she does the synch in case something goes wrong?

Thanks folks,

:apple:MacFAQ

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Don't have an iPad any more so can't check this out, but here's my idea. On the iPad, in Address Book, can she "archive" her contacts by clicking on File>export>address book archive. Then email that file to herself, open it on the macbook and she should be fine. I'd do another archive on the macbook once I had that file open so that she would have another file to use if somehow the main one got corrupted. I do an archive of address book, ical, etc. regualrly so that I always have a file to go back to.

The part of this I am not sure about is being able to do the archive from the iPad -- don't know if this function is available.