Lost contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by switchatko, Sep 3, 2014.

1. switchatko macrumors newbie

I deleted exchange mail account because its deactivated and lost half of my contacts?
    Are you kidding me? Anybody got any fix?

2. techn9ne macrumors member

Can you be a little more specific here? Have you backed up your contacts to your computer? Cloud, anything? Most likely an easy fix if you can give us a little bit more information.

3. switchatko thread starter macrumors newbie

4. switchatko thread starter macrumors newbie

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

OK. Were the contacts that you lost synced with the Exchange account? With a deactivated account they would stay on your iOS device until you delete the contacts portion of the account or the entire account. Did you get a dialog box like below (except with contacts "on") when you deleted it?

[​IMG]

6. switchatko thread starter macrumors newbie

it might be possible i dont remember, however i thought all the backup goes to my icloud anyway.
    the exchange was my universities email but ive graduated and they deactivated the email. ive contacted them now but i dont think they will help me anyway

7. adn rcd dly macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

This used to happen to me a lot after a game that took a lot of memory would crash on my 4S. I would have to go into Settings, turn contacts off, reset phone, turn them back on, solved. Weird though because it happened again today and I have long since deleted that app. Definitely ready for a new phone