Lost contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Qflexn11j, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Qflexn11j macrumors newbie

I connected my friends I phone to my laptop thru iTunes and it deleted his contacts and replaced them with mine... Please please help me get my friends contact and pics back... He now has all my contacts and pics and texts in his phone... I updated his phone to the new 4.0 software too after the loss... Can I somehow get his contacts back??????? Both are 3GS'

2. alexprice macrumors 6502a

He should plug his iPhone into his iTunes, hit restore, once finished, it will offer a backup to restore from.

I think.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Does your friend have his phone backed up (or even synced) on any computer? If not, he’s SOL. When you did the restore it should have backed up his phone, so you can get the contacts and other things by restoring from that backup, but he’s going to lose music, etc.

4. Qflexn11j thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I looked in preferences in iTunes and there is one device backup which belongs to his phone... My only fear is that it will still have my contacts within that backup... The backup was done during the 4.0 update.today at 4 am.at which time I noticed that his contacts were already replaced With mine... Your help is greatly appreciated... Ps you know when u connect a new phone to your computer how it says "there's a new iPhone connected click continue" it was there were I lost the contacts... Then I did the 4.0 update

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If your contacts were on there when you did the iOS 4 update, then yes, you’ll just restore your contacts back to his phone. You should have restored from the backup before you did the update. So, does he not have his contacts synced/backed up anywhere else. If not, this is a learning experience for him, I guess.

6. Qflexn11j thread starter macrumors newbie

Lost contacts

Omg ... I f'd up huh?! I kinda figured that this happend on Sunday and I no where else to turn to... Can you help with another issue with facebook app... My friends phone again... Lol ... The facebook app disappeared and when he goes to download the app it says installed... Please help

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Usually a reboot of the iPhone fixes that (hold home and power until the iPhone shuts down and restarts). If not, use Spotlight and search for Facebook. If it shows up, but you can’t see it in the home screens, then it’s somehow got dumped past the last page. Do a Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout and it’ll show back up.