Lost Download Progress

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BreakGuy, Feb 8, 2012.

1. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

I was downloading OS X Lion (again) from the App Store overnight. I woke up this morning, paused the download at just over 2GB and quit the App Store in order to restart my computer.

When I tried to resume the download, it started again from the beginning! What happened to my 2GB that I already had? I had no warning that quitting the App Store would result in any progress being lost.

This is so frustrating coming from New Zealand, where internet bandwidth is almost worth more than gold. It's expensive and slow and extremely annoying when events like this happen.

2. BreakGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

It's now done it a second time. This time I was at over 1GB downloaded. :mad:

3. simsaladimbamba

Could you download Lion at a YOOBEE, if one is near you?
    And the download just stopped at 1 GB this time? Do you have any bandwidth limits your ISP is cockblocking you with?

4. BreakGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Nearest YOOBEE store is more than a 3 hour drive away.

And as for bandwidth limits, yes. We have an allocation of 1200MB twice a day. Once it's used, speeds are throttled back to dial-up rates, but there is no connection interruption, it continues to download until the reset happens and speeds are back up.

The download progress is lost when the App Store is quit. For some downloads I can quit and return where I left off, but for others it doesn't let me. Looks like a bug with the App Store itself.

5. simsaladimbamba

Then what happens, if you don't quit the Mac App Store (MAS)?

6. BreakGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Haven't quit the App Store. This time I got to 3.53GB downloaded and this message pops up.
    [​IMG]

I'm really freaking starting to hate on Apple now. :mad:

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Apple is ahead of the crowd, as usual. But one day soon, everyone else will follow suit. The next generation will be asking, "What is a disc?"