Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewsjra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2013
So I downloaded some ringtones and alert tones in iTunes and after an ota download of iOS 8.2, they're missing. Is this normal? I tried the method of getting my tones back going to: itunes.com/restore-tones. It gave me the attached message. I'm I out of luck?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 128

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
So I downloaded some ringtones and alert tones in iTunes and after an ota download of iOS 8.2, they're missing. Is this normal? I tried the method of getting my tones back going to: itunes.com/restore-tones. It gave me the attached message. I'm I out of luck?

Try a reboot or Reset Settings.

HRO923

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I'm having the same issue, I've reboot & reset settings with no luck. I tried to repurchase the app just to see what may happen & iTunes states I purchased the ring tone, but I'm unable to locate it on my iPhone 6.

Friarspoint

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2015
Can't navigate to custom tones

I'm having the same issue. I can't get to my custom tones. I see that they are on the iPhone, when I connect up with my laptop. I just can't navigate to them now that I've upgraded to 8.2.

Does Apple know about this issue?

Thanks,
Scott

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
that was an earlier iOS bug and supposedly fixed. mine was.

Customer Support will get them back for, excluding custom ones. :)

Friarspoint

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2015
I see them still on the iPhone. I just can't navigate to them using the Settings app for sounds or in Contacts. Used to be able to. Seems heavy handed to not allow us to use them esp. since Apple explains how to make them using Garageband!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.