Lost Exchange Access and want to Sync OWA Calander

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Jul 9, 2009.

1. pugnut macrumors 6502a

The IT folks decided to tak away our Exchange Access and limit to OWA. Really need to sync calander, however can not install sync on desktop.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

2. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

OWA is Exchange.

You need to clarify what your talking about

MAPI access? EAS access?

3. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can no longer sync though activesync and I am limited to using Outlook Web Access via Safari.

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I believe the OP means that his IT dept has limited access to their Exchange server to only Outlook Web Access.

If this is the case, I know of no ways to sync through OWA.

5. TheSunmiester macrumors member

Have you tried publishing it?

Have you tried publishing your calendar? there should be an option to publish your calendar(requires a windows live account), then you can subscribe to it. Only works if you have a Mac and use iCal though.
    Also publishing the calendar creates a web accessible version via HTTPS. You could bookmark it and access your calendar that way. Although you can't edit you can at least view it.
    hope that helps

edit* sorry only works with outlook

6. Camaro6700 macrumors member

My company just did the same thing to me two days ago. I am very upset with them about this. :mad:

7. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Simply, no.

They could have disabled it in more than one place and it sounds like they won't turn it back on.

You could use something like the MobileMe plugin for Windows as that does some sort of syncing, but that assumes that the necessary ports are open on the corporate firewalls.

As said you could publish you calendar to some sort of web based service, other than MobileMe, but you will probably find that this is in violation of your companies IT Policy. You would also have to hope that your iPhone can sync with said online service.

Maybe a sync through iTunes?

8. allymac macrumors member

9. Cyclone Chris macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue too. I can't even access my OWA from Safari, as it requires me to use a CAC/PKI Card in order to log into my OWA. Yea, I work for the Air Force, and all their systems are CAC enabled now, to include OWA.

10. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a