Lost F1-F2 keys

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Washac, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi All

Sorry, lost as in the brightness funtionality does not work anymore but the keys themselves are working as normal function keys OK.

After proving my monitor (24inch LED ACD) and cables are OK I have come here to post the problem.

Has anybody else had this problem arise since updating to SL on their Mac Pro or after doing any of the updates ?

My other machines have been updated and they are OK. (20inch iMac/13inch Alu Laptop.

I cannot place when the problem started because I have using a Samsung monitor over the past weeks.

All cables are connected as they should be.

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

They are beside the F3 key :) Okay now down to business. What apps are you using that they don't work with? I am guess that you tried more than one app.

3. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Sorry, lost as in the brightness funtionality does not work anymore but the keys themselves are working as normal function keys OK.

Just by way of an after thought all this nonsense started after having a Samsung Monitor connected via the DVI output...

Think I need to let my Mac Pro know that it has an Apple ACD connected again, but how ?

Does this help at all from About This Mac:

Display Connector:
    iMac:
    Resolution: 1920 x 1200
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Rotation: Supported
    Connection Type: DisplayPort