Lost FCS Serial, possible to extract audio content for Garageband?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ZZ Bottom, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I have a copy of Final Cut Studio 6 that we've managed to lose the serial to (have all discs). The only reason I want to install it is for browsing the audio samples and using them in non-commercial videos.

Is it possible to extract the content from the audio discs and place it somewhere that Garageband will be able to utilize (like with using Pacifist or something)? Or are the samples somehow DRM and would still fail to work?

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

I can't help with a port into GB, but...

If you still have your receipt from Apple or an Authorized Dealer: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200108
    If you have FCS installed on a Mac, look for the SN in the Pro App license file: HD > Library > Application Support > ProApps > Final Cut Studio System ID

3. sevoneone macrumors 6502

If I remember right, the disk with the audio samples has a standalone installer and all audio content for Apple apps (Soundtrack, Garageband and Logic) gets installed in a shared library in /Library/Audio

I seem to remember being able to access content from Garageband Jam Packs in Soundtrack and the Soundtrack content in Garageband back in the day.

So you may just be able to run the installer from that disc and access the content in Garageband without having to use the FCS installer.