Lost Files after the Lion update, Help???

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by AkeemJamal, Aug 8, 2011.

1. AkeemJamal macrumors newbie

Prior to the Lion update, I had issues with my laptop so I took to the Apple store for them correct it. They forgot to ask me for my password so when I got it back, it automatically logged me in through some type of "root" folder. I no longer had access to my original login however, I was able to access the files through the 'Users' folder and transfer for them over as needed.

When I updated to Lion, everything reverted, I was given access to my old profile but the files that I transferred over are still on the root account. I have no access to that account or the files at all, not even through the User folder. I know the files are still there because the memory didn't free up after the transfer. I keep getting that annoying disk space message for files i can't even delete.

I also tried the "FindAnyFile" app but none of the other file showed up in search.

If there's anything any you can do to help me, I'd genuinely appreciate it :\

2. AkeemJamal thread starter macrumors newbie

3. theonlypirate macrumors newbie

Me Too

I wish I could say I have a solution, but I do not...and I have the exact same problem. Would you mind posting the result after you go to the Apple Store? If I get there first, I'll post my response. I have most of my stuff backed up, but I'm in the hospital so everything I've done (work-related) since being in appears to be gone. I really hope it isn't gone forever.