Lost files from iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by holykill, Mar 12, 2011.

1. holykill macrumors newbie

Hello. I'd be glad if someone could help me solve my problem.

I've bought an Iphone 4 few days ago, it was neverlocked and i started using it. Took many photos and videos, added contacts. But I connected it to iTunes yesterday only. Wanted to add some music, but it automatically converted all of my old ipods data in it, with all contacts, music and photos and deleted the new ones. Using recovery recovers stuff from the sync that was automatically done as I connected it to computer 5 min ago. It actually does nothing. Any way to recover files that were lost yesterday? And is there any way to make itunes do nothing in future with my photos while syncing?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I assume your contacts and photos are all backed up on your computer, in your address book, and your photo albums/folders, so just connect your device to iTunes and select what photos, music and contacts that you want to sync, and press the sync button.

I guess it's to late now, but if you had plugged your iPhone in to iTunes when it was"new" and set up as a new phone, taking time to select what you wanted to sync and how, you wouldn't be having this problem.

3. holykill thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for a quick answer :)

Uhm, sorry, but what photo albums/folders are you talking about? I'm mostly worried about pictures and videos I had :( And the part "photos" is not like "music" or "videos" so I can't see anything i can choose/select there. There's only "sync pictures from followed folder"

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Don't you have your photos on you computer in folders? Chose those folders to sync.

5. holykill thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I don't! That's the thing!
    Wrote about it above, I've took that pictures and videos before connecting to computer. I had them in the Iphone only. And after connecting and syncing, they got deleted from Iphone. I hope iTunes saved them somewhere in my computer before deleting those files from Iphone.

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If they are still in the backup, you might be able to get them with this. BTW, Not a very good idea to keep photos and videos in the camera roll.
    http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/

7. holykill thread starter macrumors newbie

Why isn't it? :p
    Ahhh, found about that program while trying to do smth with my problem. Could find nowhere its free working version. :(

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Because if you get to many photos in the camera roll, it can become corrupted. It's just like any other digital camera, and most people sure don't store their important photos on their camera. Much better to download them to your computer, arrange them in folders, and then sync them back to the phone, all nice and tidy.:)

9. Vj1 macrumors newbie

Did you find the solution

Did you find the solution to retrive the lost pictures?
    I had the same problem; I got a new Iphone 4 took a lot of pics and vids and now all lost during sync.
    How can I recover it?

Please send me your reply to my email too bijayaryal at gmail

Thank you in advance