Lost firefox,can't download it now

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Adamdevir, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Adamdevir macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anybody might be able to help.First of all I am not good with macs or any computers for that matter.Anyhow, some time ago, I accidently deleted firefox off my desktop and have been unable to download it from the net since.It is an older ibook G4 I have,maybe this has something to do with it?But I did have firefox before so surely this is not the reason.What happenned first was I would download it,put into applications and drag below which seemed to work fine, until I clicked on it and it dissappeared?Could'nt figure it out..?
    So I kept trying and trying and the same thing..Now when I go to download it,It saves as dmg?but fails to open saying it (failed to mount)?It doesn't even have the firefox symbol?
    Does anyone know what is wrong and why can I not get firefox back on my desktop.I have another browser Opera which is fine, but I need firefox specificly for working on my website.If anyone might have any answers why this is not working I would really appreciate it.Its Mac os x version:10.3.9
    Many Thanks
    Adam

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

4. Adamdevir thread starter macrumors newbie

Would need alot of time to learn all that..Don't have.But hey,thanks for you're tips!Especially about the spaces and paragraphs..Cheers Shakespeare!

5. Adamdevir thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey,Thanks for you're reply!I think you must be right!
    Damn, gotta buy a new ibook then so,it seems..
    Thanks

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

You can also try finding and downloading Firefox 2.

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can get earlier versions of Firefox here:
    http://mac.oldapps.com/firefox.php