Lost iLife '11

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mrmeister, Oct 15, 2011.

1. mrmeister macrumors regular

Hi,
    My friend recently had problems with her new Macbook Pro (bought less than a month ago as of 15th Oct. 2011) and i had to completely wipe it and reinstall Lion for her. Now, her macbook didn't come with any install DVDs, apparently Apple aren't doing this anymore? I had to install Lion using the DVD that i had created from the .dmg that i had bought from the app store.
    Everything is working fine now and she running OS X 10.7.1, but she's lost her iLife apps. She no longer has iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband.
    Is there anyway of getting these apps back? They were originially preinstalled on her system but no application DVDs came with her mac so i can't reinstall them for her.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks
    mrmeister

2. spincr macrumors member

spincr

I suggest contacting apple directly. Perhaps i can add another question, will they put everything up with Lion or will they still have new computers with SL?

3. mrmeister thread starter macrumors regular

I was hoping to sort out the problem without the need to contact apple, but it might be the easiest way. She can at least prove that she bought it less than a month ago.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe every mac bought from Apple now is shipping with Lion preinstalled. I don't think that Snow Leopard is available any more

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Yes all the new Macs are shipping with Lion however Snow Leopard is still very available for sale. There are still a number of users that want Snow Leopard. However if you meant that it's not available anymore on a newly shipped Mac you are absolutely right.

5. mrmeister thread starter macrumors regular

Yes thats what i meant, all new macs shipping don't have SL, only Lion, but you can still use SL no problem. I have 2 partitions on my drive, SL for all things audio (Logic, Pro Tools etc) and Lion for all things "day-to-day" (mail, safari etc).

6. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

check the app store, see if you can DL the apps from there (seems it would be available, connected to your apple ID).

or call apple...

7. mrmeister thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i'd tried the app store and had no luck

8. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

so...contact apple directly...

9. Sc00tr macrumors regular

You can also just send an email to apple customer service.

Lion gets installed with a recovery partition that will reinstall Lion. I wonder if it contains iLife since it came with the mac when u purchased it.