Lost important app after update

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by gentlefury, Oct 2, 2012.

1. gentlefury macrumors 68030

After updating to ios6 it, of course tanked my phone and made me reinstall everything over. I don't sync apps to my comp (isn't that why they have the app store!!) and I went to install an important app and it's no longer available in the app store! I paid for this app and I want to be able to use it. Is there a way to get the IPA file from anywhere so I can drop it into itunes and let it authenticate naturally??? I really want this app back, but the company that makes it is not responding and their user forum hasn't had any activity in months.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The company isn't responding and that is likely because they're not supporting the app anymore. You really need to back your phone up now and then. There are often changes to apps that make them useless or updates that really piss people off. Why anyone wouldn't back their phone up is beyond me but no, there is no way to recover the IPA file unless you backed up.

What is the app?

BTW, my updates have always went well but I back up first then do the update. Maybe that is why OS updates seem to be a headache for you.

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Have you checked your "Purchased" apps list? I bought a Twitter app that is no longer in the App Store but it still shows up in my purchased list.

4. Just Dave macrumors member

App Store>Update>Purchased. Have you looke there for the app?

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

^
    Make sure the box, not on this computer is checked.

6. gentlefury, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

gentlefury thread starter macrumors 68030

That was the first thing I did. It's not in the app store anymore, on the phone or the computer.

Does anyone own this app that can send me the IPA? If I drop that into my itunes folder it should validate it. OR, does anyone know how I could extract just that app from an older backup? I use icloud for backup....but it only saves app prefs...not apps. It relys on THE APP STORE for the apps!

Before iCloud tho, I always saved my apps....so I should have it backed up somewhere.