Lost iPad backup

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jlfdoc, Aug 12, 2014.

1. jlfdoc macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Over the years it looked like backups of my iPhone and iPad were saved and not deleted. The list of selectable backups kept getting longer and longer.

My son was spending almost every waking hour playing games on the iPad, so I backed it up to save where he was on the games, then reset the iPad.

My son now can have his games back, but now I can't find that backup. I can find a back up that I made after I reset the ipad and I can find a number of backups from 2 to 3 years ago. But not the backup I need. The most important is the progress that he made in Plants v. Zombies 2.

Any thoughts?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Too late now, but this is why i backup my backups before doing something like this.
    Also, I suggest you delete some of the oldest backups.

3. jlfdoc thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JenniferStevens macrumors newbie

The only thing to double-check (and you probably already thought of this :)) is to make sure that the device wasn't possibly backed up at some point on a different computer. If so, the backup files might still be around. Lastly, did you by chance ever move or reorganize your MobileSync folder where the backups are stored, causing a specific backup to be now located in a different directory?