Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DRDRJAY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Hawaii
Help anyone ! Did an iPhone backup to iTunes on my Computer before the ios 8..8.02 updates. Got so boloxed by issues with 8 that I can't remember the backup password. Any way around it ? Ios 8 managed to reduce 3,800 songs on my iPhone 5 to 212 and has labeled 30 GB as 'other', which my iPhone doesn't recognize as Music. Now I can't restore or re-sync and add the music back from iTunes...or install new for that matter.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Help anyone ! Did an iPhone backup to iTunes on my Computer before the ios 8..8.02 updates. Got so boloxed by issues with 8 that I can't remember the backup password. Any way around it ? Ios 8 managed to reduce 3,800 songs on my iPhone 5 to 212 and has labeled 30 GB as 'other', which my iPhone doesn't recognize as Music. Now I can't restore or re-sync and add the music back from iTunes...or install new for that matter.

If you can't remember it, you mostly out of luck. You need an apple workaround and they typically don't do that unless requested by law enforcement. Even now, they're making it more impossible to do. You can call and ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.