Lost Iphone need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Camaro6700, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Camaro6700 macrumors member

I lost my iphone today at lunch. Where I lost it the chances of it being found are slim to none. It was an original 4gb phone and had a cracked screen so I know it needed to be replaced but I have been waiting till June to see if they announce a new one. I have a work phone so having the ability to call is not lost. I just used it for everything else. And with saving for a trip to Europe for 3 weeks in the month of may I was planning on using skype and other apps on it.

I have a couple questions. 1) If I report it lost to att does that mean that I don't get charged my monthly service fee till I get a replacement phone? 2) If I upgrade to 3G and get that phone before I leave am I still able to return it with 30 days or should I just wait it out and accept the reality of not having the iphone :(. I ask that because I don't know if upgrades get the same return as would a new user.

any help is appreciated.

2. aok1975 macrumors 6502

If you report you phone stolen/lost you still have to pay your monthly bill.

yes you have 30 days as any other person.

By the way ATT sells refurbished 16gb 3g for 150.

3. richdog1414 macrumors newbie

here is the soulution

actually you dont have to pay for the data plan if you have lost your phone. All you have to do is call ATT and tell them you have lost your iphone and you are using a different one to replace it until you decide what you want to do. Just give them the imei number your phone that you are using instead of the iphone and tell them to remove the data package but if you have txt messaging then tell them to put that on for you. You have 30 days to return it or exchange it either way. Only thing is you would have to pay the 10% restocking fee.

4. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Probably would just get another iphone, no one is even sure if there is even going to be a new iphone or not in the summer

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

this is for new AT&T members with a 2 year contract

this doesn't apply to someone with a lost iPhone with a previous AT&T plan