Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MetallicRage23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I just lost my iPhone 4 that I got on launch day last year. It's gone - I'm certain I won't find it. So I'm in a predicament. Should I resign a contract and get the iPhone for the contract price, with no termination fees, or wait until the rumored phone is announced or comes out? If I wait, I guess I would have to get a uni-tasker phone for a couple months. If I get a replacement now, the new iPhone will likely come out after the 30 day grace period. I'm guessing there is no clause that says if a new phone comes out within a couple months you can upgrade free/cheap? TIA.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I just lost my iPhone 4 that I got on launch day last year. It's gone - I'm certain I won't find it. So I'm in a predicament. Should I resign a contract and get the iPhone for the contract price, with no termination fees, or wait until the rumored phone is announced or comes out? If I wait, I guess I would have to get a uni-tasker phone for a couple months. If I get a replacement now, the new iPhone will likely come out after the 30 day grace period. I'm guessing there is no clause that says if a new phone comes out within a couple months you can upgrade free/cheap? TIA.

I would just buy a cheap 3G or 3GS and use that until the new iPhone is released.

MetallicRage23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Is there a limited number of times you can use the remorse policy? Say I would get a new phone under a new contract now. If the new iPhone isn't released for over 30 days, would I be able to return the first phone for a second one, and then finally return that one for the newly released iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.