Lost iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daww, May 8, 2011.

1. daww macrumors newbie

I lost an iphone. Is there any ways that I can track it? Or any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks so much.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'm guessing you didn't have MobileMe installed. The carriers can track it for you but they generally won't since there's not much of an incentive for them to do so. You should probably call Apple to report it. You can either call your carrier to report it as well or leave it activated for a while. This will give the finder the opportunity to call you back or even you an opportunity to see if they use it. Any calls made with it can be viewed online from your account.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Search, asked many times. If you did not turn activate find my iPhone, or whoever finds it turns it off, restores it etc you will not be able to get it back. Sorry.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you didnt have Mobileme find my iphone installed before you lost it then you cannot track it.

5. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I'd do what that other guy said - Wait one or two more days, then call Apple and AT&T/Verizon and see if they'll track it for you - although I wouldn't get your hopes up...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone is going to track his phone if he didnt have Find my iphone installed prior to losing it.
    Carriers dont care if you lost your phone and they dont provide stolen cellphone recovery services.

7. daww thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the advices. I'll probably wait one or two days before suspending my number. :)

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If I was you. I suspend it immediately. You are not going to know where they are going to make the phone call. What if they continue to use your phone to make oversea call constantly. You phone bill will be in thousand of dollars.

9. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Definately suspend your phone acct so you are not responsible for calls. Also report it to your police (some agencies will let you report a theft online) in case its found, sold to pawn shop, etc...

10. hefeng7979 macrumors newbie

11. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I say wait a couple of days and see how many will post SUSPEND IMMEDIATELY. I have 100$ on 10+ posters

12. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

If you want to keep you line active so you can continue calling it, at least block long distance.