Lost iPhoto Library found.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deetle, Feb 13, 2008.

1. deetle macrumors member

For some reason at some point IPhoto created an empty IPhoto Library in the FOLDER "\Volumes\Shared Disk" ( it must have created that folder also ) , when it could not access the iPhoto library from the remote DISK at \Volumes\Shared Disk" ( I copied the IPhoto Library to my a remote disk behind an APEB a while back ) . That would probably also explain while my DISK called "Shared Disk" was called "Shared Disk-1" all of a sudden.

So when I force load the library on my remote disk ,thinking that was the library i was currently using , I lost the library in the FOLDER called "Shared Disk"

The FOLDER at "\Volumes\Shared Disk"and its contents is not findable with Finder , or Spotlight. Even a tool called EasyFind didn't search this folder.

But not wonting to give up , I tried a tool called GranPerspective finally did look for that folder and found my jpeg files and the hole library.

2. deetle thread starter macrumors member

I also want to state that apple support was no help in resolving this, I talked to them 3 times , and every time after 5 minute every one said sorry , and wanted me to chock this up as lost your pictures. Loosing all my holiday pictures ( 600 + ) was not something I wanted to give up on after 5 minutes .