Lost iPhoto??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maddybrown, Feb 10, 2009.

1. maddybrown macrumors newbie

Running a MacBook w/10.5.6, and was "dumping" some stuff from hard drive. Went to "home" under the "go" tab and "past week" under the "search for" tab, and selected everything wanted deleted then dragged to the trash. Emptied the trash, and realized that iTunes and iPhoto were no longer function from the dock. Searched all over hard drive with no luck. So re downloaded itunes from the web, but not able to do iPhoto. Is there anywhere still on the hard drive this app. might be? As itunes not a big deal because I had nothing on there, but iPhotos had all my pics! Original program disks @ home, and I'm out of state. Guessing the iPhoto web downloads are upgrades only?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There is NO need to clean anything up manually in OSX, it's not windows.

Get the disk sent to you. Or try the latest OSX update.

iTunes can be downloaded. iPhoto probably need previous version.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

iPhoto does require a disc, whether iLife '08 or '09 or the software restore discs that shipped with the computer. "Install bundled software only" from Mac OS X Install Disc 1 is your friend. Custom (re)installations can be performed with the retail iLife disc.

4. chuckcalo macrumors regular

It seems like you deleted iPhoto when you searched those "past week" files, I think there could be a way to recover deleted files from Trash just like in Windows. I might be wrong tho.

5. maddybrown thread starter macrumors newbie