Lost iPod Touches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jbeauchamp26, Dec 29, 2007.

1. jbeauchamp26 macrumors newbie

Last night I was in a cab, and when I got out, I realized my Touch wasn't in my pocket. It slipped out of my pocket while I was in the cab, and it was too late for me to get it back. I'm in Panama right now, so its not like I can call the cab company to find out. What sucks the most is having all my info out there in the open for some cab driver who won't know how to use it. :mad:
    Rest in peace, Touch.

Has anyone had any experiences losing their beloved Touch?

2. delude macrumors 6502

Man I feel sorry for you. I was wondering whether to save all of my info on my Touch in case a similar thing happened. The new silicone case thats on the way should help prevent it from slipping easily, and I often check my pockets to make sure my iPod is still there so hopefully I'll be okay. (Touch Wood).

Hope something works out!

3. Miner Willy macrumors regular

My 16gig Touch was stolen out of my office!!! I have a sneaking suspicion who it is but have no hard evidence; all I can say is he doth protest too much...

Called in the police as it was 8 weeks old but they weren't prepared to take it any further and had to claim on my household insurance, which I'm obviously not happy about. The annoying thing was I intentionally left it at work as i was going out on the town and didn't want to lose it. :mad::mad::mad:

As of yesterday I am now the slightly happier as I have my new one in my hands.

4. delude macrumors 6502

You'd think it would be safe in your own workplace as well! Maybe you could have a word with the person that you suspect alone, say that it was a present and that if it happened to turn up somewhere the next day everything would be forgotten. If he/she makes a comment that related to him/her having taken it then even though nobody else would have heard, at least you'd know. (Probably not worth trying if they are somebody you would see as a friend).
    Is there anything else you can think of doing? I'd hate it if something like that was stolen from what you think is a safe environment, as it could happen again in the future!

5. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

that blows. Its a shame apple couldn't offer some sort of way to lo jack them thru iTunes based on serial number. Too much "big brother" perhaps.

6. delude macrumors 6502

That would be an amazing idea Scott! I wonder if they're thinking of doing that...someone should email them:)