Lost ipod UPC label

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by artistimus, Jul 31, 2007.

1. artistimus macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I got in on the buy a Mac get a free ipod deal Apple is advertising and purchased the combo on 6/25/07. My Red ipod Nano arrived 2 days later. The Macbook took a while but was shipped on 7/5/07. After a long wait I'm now a happy new Mac owner.

A few days ago I realized it was time (I think the rebate deadline for me is 8/5/07) to do the rebate so I printed out all the paperwork and cut the UPC label from the MB and ipod box. I finally got around to filling everything out and realized that I don't have the ipod UPC label with me anymore. It's kind of small so I might have thrown it away with the trash. I have been turning my room upside down trying to find it but I'm about to give up.

My question is that is there any way for me to still get the rebate? Is it possible to tell them my story and they'll somehow accept my rebate request without the ipod UPC label? Is it possible for me to use someone else's red ipod nano's UPC label... and where can I get such a spare UPC label? or am I out of luck?

I apologize for the long read and my bad grammar (English is my second language). If anyone know anything please let me know. I can't sleep at the thought of losing $200. It's a huge loss for a poor graphic design student like me :(

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I hate to say it, but you may be out of luck. Without that UPC label to identify that you purchased and have the iPod, I'm not sure how Apple's rebate offices can process your claim.

3. jeroldw macrumors newbie

lost upc form

There is a work-around.

If you call the automated phone line for questions about apple promotions, and listen to all the options, there is one option for "What should I do if I lost the UPC label?"

It asks for a fax number (so have one handy), and offers to fax you a "lost UPC affidavit". You then fill it out and sign and return it, along with your order receipt.

I believe the phone number is 877-4-APL-PROMO (though I got there by calling the number suggested by 1-800-my-apple . which is likely the same number)

I believe that for on-line orders you have until 30 days from the ship date of the last component of the order, but you should check the FAQ to confirm this.

For online orders, you can reprint the order receipt from the web site. See http://www.apple.com/promo/faq.html for more info

jeroldw

4. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

You lucky SOB...:D