lost ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jailbunny, Oct 26, 2012.

1. jailbunny macrumors newbie

there's probably alot of lost ipod situations, but whatever..
    so.. my ipod was sitting on my backpack on the bus, and in a hurry i got up with my backpack and left it there, note: this is a middle school bus with immature kids. so the next few days no one has found it and/or returned it, so i gave up all hope, and shared an ipod with my friend and used my apple id on it, about a couple days later, (the idiot i am) found out there was a chance of locating it on icloud which i activated on my old one, now.. remember i used my apple i.d on my friend's ipod? well.. i located my friend's ipod instead of mine even after i logged out of my apple i.d on hers. now that im screwed and whoever has my ipod is looking through my stuff, is there any way i can wipe out the information on there through my computer?
    by the way there is a lock, but can whoever (that may have taken it) wipe everything themselves and use it?

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Nope. If it's not linked to iCloud, you're out of luck unfortunately and someone will be able to just wipe it clean via recovery and use it on their account.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2