Lost iSight & Bluetooth by botch optibay installation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SnapperUK, Mar 20, 2011.

1. SnapperUK, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

SnapperUK macrumors member

I have just installed an optibay in my late 2008 15 inch 2.8GHz C2D MBP (5,1). However I rushed it and have screwed up, not the actual installation, the hard drive mounts and works fine. But, I think I have damaged a black cable connector just behind the optical drive compartment. I thought the connector pulled out vertically but it actually slides out horizontally and I have at least damaged the cable's interface, possibly the motherboard's too, although I don't think so.
    As a result I have lost bluetooth and isight. The airport did initially go too but I reseated the cable and have got it back.
    I don't use isight or bluetooth, so it is not a massive deal and this machine is about to get relegated to my second tier as I have my new MBP being delivered tomorrow.
    Obviously would like to get isight and bluetooth back if I could.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Could anything else have gone than I might not have noticed yet?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. SnapperUK thread starter macrumors member

Mic seems fine.
    The input level in sound system preferences flicks up when noise is made close to the machine.

4. Pandir macrumors newbie

Pandir

5. SnapperUK thread starter macrumors member

Yes, it is definitely that cable. I have tried resetting it but I think I have broken the right hand edge of connector and possibly one or two contacts.
    Is this a easy part to replace?

6. Pandir macrumors newbie

Pandir