lost items with change to el capitan

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Zaventem, May 7, 2016.

1. Zaventem macrumors newbie

Installed el capitan.
    1. Mail lost all mailboxes and all mails older than one year.
    2. iPhoto is not supported by el capitan, required software not available in mac-store.
    3. F9 and F10 keys do not function
    Disappointing - any suggestions?

2. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

3. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Hopefully you have a back up of the emails and can add them back. Perhaps they were stored on your mac and not on the email server?

iPhoto works with El Capitan - I use it a lot for all my old photos. Still prefer iPhoto to Photos

4. Zaventem thread starter macrumors newbie

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009)
    3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    It was running perfectly on 10.6.8 until el capitan took over
    --- Post Merged, May 7, 2016 ---
    Hopefully you have a back up of the emails and can add them back. Perhaps they were stored on your mac and not on the email server?

iPhoto works with El Capitan - I use it a lot for all my old photos. Still prefer iPhoto to Photos[/QUOTE]

The photos were stored on the mac, but I have everything backed up on external hard drive.
    I tried to bring up iPhoto but Capitan said it needs to be upgraded which is not available in the macshop.
    Now I am tempted to re-load the 10.6.8 and live with it although it won't be supported after a while

5. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

If you want to keep using iPhoto - just copy the app from your back up and put it in the applications folder.

Or you can use photos to convert the iphoto library to the newer app - Photos

6. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

Both iPhoto and Aperture work fine with 10.11.4. I still use them regularly (hate Photos). I think there was an update last year to make them compatible with 10.10 and 10.11. I just checked in the App Store and iPhoto and Aperture are still available under my "Purchased" tab.

7. Fishrrman macrumors G3

OP wrote:
    "2. iPhoto is not supported by el capitan, required software not available in mac-store."

Zaventem -- please check conversations on your profile page!

8. Zaventem thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Fisherrman