Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

touchfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2009
I recently misplaced my just purchased Itouch. I'm wondering if there's any way for me to check with Itunes to see if someone else is using my serial numbered itouch? if so it would be interesting to email that person or have apple send that person an email saying they have information that leads them to believe this device belongs to someone else. I could provide my receipt to apple for proof of purchase. It's amazing how these little things get under your skin and it is sorely missed.

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
I recently misplaced my just purchased Itouch. I'm wondering if there's any way for me to check with Itunes to see if someone else is using my serial numbered itouch? if so it would be interesting to email that person or have apple send that person an email saying they have information that leads them to believe this device belongs to someone else. I could provide my receipt to apple for proof of purchase. It's amazing how these little things get under your skin and it is sorely missed.

Sorry to hear about it. Not much you can do but ask around.

If you decide to replace your iTouch maybe enable the screen lock and change the background image so that it displays your contact information. That way anybody who does find it will know who to contact.

touchfan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Ok, just checking, thanks. I think it would be a nice feature that if you misplace one of these wifi devices your computer could send out a request to make the device beep or something which would allow it to be found. Of course that only works if it's near it's wifi home but it might help. Any programmers out there listening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.