Lost Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touchfan, May 21, 2009.

1. touchfan macrumors newbie

I recently misplaced my just purchased Itouch. I'm wondering if there's any way for me to check with Itunes to see if someone else is using my serial numbered itouch? if so it would be interesting to email that person or have apple send that person an email saying they have information that leads them to believe this device belongs to someone else. I could provide my receipt to apple for proof of purchase. It's amazing how these little things get under your skin and it is sorely missed.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do in this situation. :(

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Sorry to hear man, there is no way to track it. Try calling your renters/homeowners insurance, they may be able to help you out.

4. statik13 macrumors regular

Sorry to hear about it. Not much you can do but ask around.

If you decide to replace your iTouch maybe enable the screen lock and change the background image so that it displays your contact information. That way anybody who does find it will know who to contact.

5. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

Sorry man looks like your gona have to buy another one.

6. touchfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, just checking, thanks. I think it would be a nice feature that if you misplace one of these wifi devices your computer could send out a request to make the device beep or something which would allow it to be found. Of course that only works if it's near it's wifi home but it might help. Any programmers out there listening?