Lost iTunes and Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BlackburnRover, Jan 19, 2010.

1. BlackburnRover macrumors newbie

I was having problems with my internet connection via Airport, and thought it might be something to do with my Macbook... So i decided to re-load the Mac OS X disc's that came with the Macbook when I bought it making sure when prompted to click the correct box to save all my previous files..

Now showing 10.4.8 (sure it was a 11 before I've just noticed)

Anyway I was just about to connect my ipod Touch as its low on battery.. but thought I'd first open my iTunes.. but it wont open and I get a box saying

You cannot use the application "iTunes" with this version of Mac OS X

What the hells happening... I've been using iTunes since i bought it, I've 2 ipod Touches and a Nano 4th generation regestered to iTunes...
    Have I lost all my Albums, artwork and downloads..
    Obviously don't want tp connect my ipod touch without seeing my iTunes their...Am i about to loose everything...

Please can someone help me...Thank you, any help much appreciated

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Click Software Update in the Apple menu (top left) and let it update everything. Once its finished run it again and again until there are no updates left. Then try opening iTunes.

Because you have gone back a few version of OSX iTunes wont open because it needs a newer version.

3. BlackburnRover thread starter macrumors newbie

4. BlackburnRover thread starter macrumors newbie

Now wont recognize Ipod Touch

Thanks Macboobs Pro I did what you said and my iTunes was restored including my albums and downloads..
    So I connected one of my ipod touch… My lap opens iphoto to sync, showing I’ve connected a camera! The ipod touch still charges I open iTunes manually but nothing shown as connected?
    What am I doing wrong now… I’ve tried and tried to re-connect the USB and ipod connection but it refuses to show anything except a connection to iphoto…???

Please any advice… Thanks

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Do you have the latest iPod software? 3.x

6. BlackburnRover thread starter macrumors newbie

?

Why should I need ipod software its a 64GB Touch only two months old... Everything was working fine till I loaded those OS X discs..
    If any updates were required it would have done it automatically

iTunes just doesn't open or recognize it any longer when I connect it:confused:

7. BlackburnRover thread starter macrumors newbie

Come on guy’s can no one help me…I’m desperate… as I write my 64GB ipod touch is connected to my Macbook… and its merrily charging away… but only iphoto opened when I connected… everything’s going wrong as I have to sit on a freezing step in a cold stairwell to get my airport connection these days… which was the original problem due to the signal from the guy I buy my wifi from… Wish I hadn’t reloaded those OS X disc’s

Can someone point me in the right direction… Please :confused:

8. BlackburnRover thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to the proper Mac Forum I got the help I needed