Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josh6190

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Okay, had a HD failure, no big deal (sarcasm). I lost my iTunes Library (2000+ songs) and it was the one thing not backed up on my network storage at home, as I didnt have time to. I still have it on my iPhone 4 though. Im running Snow Leopard and iTunes 10.3, and iOS 4.3 on my phone. Is it possible to restore the iTunes Library with all the music on my iPhone? I dont care about creating a new library or what not, but man! I just need it all back! Help? Thanks in advance.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
You can use iTunes to recover your iTunes Store purchased content (music, video, apps, books, etc) by plugging your iPhone into any computer, starting iTunes, **NOT LETTING IT SYNC** (because that would erase everything, as it warns you), then right-clicking on the iPhone in iTunes and choosing "Transfer Purchases".

Also, with iTunes 10.3.1, you can log into the iTunes store from iTunes and redownload everything directly to the computer from the iTunes Store.

If you have non-iTS purchased music you want recovered, check out senuti. There may be other apps out there (do a forum search, this question's been answered many times), but senuti's always worked great for me.

josh6190

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
'

Yes, mainly non-purchased. So "senuti" I will look into. Is it freeware? And how do you use it when your in my situation?

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Yes, mainly non-purchased. So "senuti" I will look into. Is it freeware? And how do you use it when your in my situation?
Their is software which transfers from iPhone to iTunes, although most will cost you their are free ones out there, just google it i suppose. Might have to look hard to get one thats free though.

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
Their is software which transfers from iPhone to iTunes, although most will cost you their are free ones out there, just google it i suppose. Might have to look hard to get one thats free though.

I had to do this. I used some program that was free...it was a pain in the rear and there was lots of swearing haha but at least I got all my music back. One thing I noticed though, I used it for myself and helped some other friends..everytime you do it you get at least 5 or 10 songs with messed up titles so you have to listen to the songs then re-add all the itunes info. This was when I did it with some 4gigs of songs though so not too bad. I forget the software name though..I did this with a PC and not my Mac so I don't have it on hand at the moment.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
I use an older, free version of Senuti to get songs off of iPods, and use PhoneView (which i got in some bundle) to get them off of iOS devices.

bayansonger

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
Deleting something off the iPhone is not reversable.
Your best bet is most likely to restore from your last backup on iTunes. That should at least bring back all the music, photos you had up until the time that backup took place. If you back up to a computer, you might be able to access them on the machine without a restore too.
Hope it hleps.

Last edited:

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
The last post in this thread was from 07/10/2011. :eek: If you're looking for somewhere to post, there are lots of newer threads that aren't dormant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.