Lost Itunes Songs on Bootcamp...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Killery96, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Killery96 macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I installed bootcamp on my computer primarily to play video games, and I also decided that it couldn't hurt to put my itunes songs on there too. Instead of doing something more intuitive, I simply took my itunes library from OSX and copied it into the windows partition and installed itunes. Eventually, I realized that coders are lazy and games were unnecessarily huge, and that 120 gb just wouldn't do it for even a small collection of games. So, I uninstalled Itunes by deleting all the contents from the program files and program files (x86) folders, and I eventually went into the control panel and uninstalled it from there. I imagined this would free up at least 20gb because my library is substantial. However, I got maybe a few hundred megabytes to go, and am now stuck with 10.3gb left on my HDD because of some lost itunes songs that are huddling in my windows partition somewhere. I've had to delete some of my favorite games (big deal rawr) in order to install new ones, and I really think that those 20gb would help my situation. Does anyone know of a good way to scan ones' windows partition to find a large amount of lost m4a's?

Thanks

E.

2. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

Should be under users / some windows username / My music / iTunes or similar right?

Drag the folder or right click to delete and then clean out windows recycle bin ( right click empty recycle bin ).

3. Killery96 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not there. I even searched on windows and used a hard drive scanner and there aren't any m4as or iTunes related files. I must just be forgetting something, cause they can't be there.