"Lost" iWeb and iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Siron, May 29, 2010.

1. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I recently had to have the hard drive in my MBA replaced so had to reinstall Snow Leopard. Now I cannot find iWeb, Garage Band (which I don't really need), iDVD, and iMovie. I guess these were preloaded with iLife but I still have iChat and iTunes -- which are part of the iLife suite. How can I get them back? Someone in another forum to insert disc 2 and reinstall iLife. I have updated to Snow Leopard so I'm not sure if:
    a.) iLife is on that disc (I did insert it but it said something to the effect Install OSX).
    b.) whether that will work.
    Can anyone help? I went to Apple but al they have is an update to iLife for $79.99.
    Thanks

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

iLife would be on the original disks that came with your system. Disk two. The applications disk.

3. Siron thread starter macrumors 6502

Siron

After the disc loads is there somewhere on the menu bar that lets me install the apps? I don't want to screw up my Snow Leopard install.
    Thanks
    Alan

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

When you pop-in disc two, it will appear on the desktop. Double-click it to open it in a finder window, and open *OPTIONAL INSTALLS. Go through the menu, and select customize when given the chance, and at that point decide what you want to install. Its actually pretty self-explanatory.

*Don't have the disc in front of my right now, I think that is what is called.