iPhone Lost JB have iOS 8.2 and need tethering on VZW

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zeeyo987, Apr 15, 2015.

1. zeeyo987 macrumors regular

I lost my jailbreak and am stuck with 8.2. I just want to know if there is anyway to get free tethering on 8.2 and iPhone 6. I've searched and searched and can't find any solution. I can update to 8.3 if need be. I have the grandfathered unlimited plan so to get tethering from VZW its 30 bucks a month which is stupid. Thanks for any help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's no way until you jb it.
    And currently there is no jb option yet

3. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Only option is to plop down the 30.00 per month to Verizon (if you have a business discount, it could be a it less; for me its 23.69 a month, if I wanted to add it - since I get 21% off). I'll stick on 8.1.2 for as long as I can for that reason alone.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Or in the extreme sell the iPhone and buy another with the correct iOS firmware required to jail break it -> well I did say it was extreme.

5. bsbuggs macrumors regular

for me I keep an android laying around (rooted) that i can just pop my sim from the iPhone into the HTC...tether... then when done I just pop sim out... not optimal but it gets the job done when i need to tether for several hours at a stretch.
    Hopefully the 8.3 or .4 jailbreak will be out soon.

6. pbn2au macrumors newbie

Any idea if you can take the SIM from the iphone and drop it into a mobile hotspot device so you can wifi tether a computer?

7. bsbuggs, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015

bsbuggs macrumors regular

YES that works as well.

I heard of a guy in CA that used a cralelpoint and was playing his xbox online... crazy amount of data he chewed thru..

8. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I have to use tethering just to watch Amazon videos in HD because Comcast sucks. Netflix works well even in 4K because they paid Comcast; Amazon didn't. Hence the need for Net Neutrality

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yup, with net neutrality like that, Netflix will simply join Amazon -- everyone will get their equal share, which will amount to being just barely enough to stream SD content. ;)