Lost keyboard??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atr-drivr, Dec 8, 2010.

1. atr-drivr macrumors member

Just paired up a new wireless keyboard via Bluetooth on my MBP. Says all is connected and paired. The only keys that work is the brightness and volume.
    nothing else works. Do I need to disable something on the laptop or some other step? It was originally paired with the IMac 27 the wife bought me for Christmas, but I needed a wired keyboard to use with Windows 7 I had to put on for work issues and also the wired works better for some of the online games i play....thanks!
    New to Mac so pardon my lack of knowledge..
    ATR

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I've only used a bluetooth mouse with my MBP and it didn't require anything else than doing the pairing. It sounds like you're using an Apple keyboard since it has volume and brightness buttons so compatibility shouldn't be an issue. You could try logging out and back in or rebooting, though I don't feel this should be necessary.

3. simsaladimbamba

4. atr-drivr thread starter macrumors member

5. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Did you disconnect it and remove it from the iMac list? Maybe that is what is causing the interference...

6. atr-drivr thread starter macrumors member

7. atr-drivr, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010

atr-drivr thread starter macrumors member

where is the list? Got it..removed it from the IMac and turned off the Bluetooth. Restarted the MBP and still the same..when you use caps lock, the green light does not come on and none of the letters, numbers or other keys work....just the brightness and volume. I did a software update for the mouse and keyboard also....sigh....