Lost Leopard CD! Please Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mas123, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mas123 macrumors newbie

Hello,

OK, so I'm a fool and I lost my Leopard CD, but I sort of made up for it since I backed up the disk as an ISO on my Macbook Pro. But here lies the problem...

Whenever I try to burn the ISO to a dual layer DVD it doesn't work. I've tried "Disk Utility" and get an error about laser power level and I've tried Toast Titanium and it gives some error codes!

Anyway, thats the first problem...

Then I realised my PC has a dual layer drive so I burned the Leopard ISO spanned over two DVD's using Toast. The file restored OK on the PC, but when I burned it to a dual layer DVD all it was was a Bootcamp Disk, I checked the files on the disk and there were only a handful all Bootcamp files! Weird.

If anyone knows why this is happened or can help in any way, please reply!:confused:

Thanks,

mas123:)

2. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Have you checked the DVD in your Mac?

When you load the Leopard DVD on a PC, it will only show the Bootcamp files.

4. mas123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really wanna pay $20...

Yep, sorry forgot to mention this, my Macbook Pro just reads it as a blank DVD!?

5. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

No such thing as a free lunch.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Apple doesn't really wanna give you free ones either...

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. mas123 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, I've managed to burn the Leopard DVD. Now theres another problem!

The installer wont boot up. I've tried restarting while pressing "C", I've tried setting the startup disk to the DVD, and I've tried keeping Option key pressed during startup and selecting the DVD.

None of the above work!

Any ideas guys? I'm struggling here!

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Maybe you could take it to the Apple Store and let them fix whatever problem you may be having.

Of course, you wouldn't gain the discs, but they'd do it for you.

9. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

Just drop the $20 for a brand new set of discs. Then you won't be struggling anymore.

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Call Apple or check the Apple Store, sometimes they feel sorry for whiney babies.

Sort of sucks, but generally we don't help around here when it comes to self help for creating your own Mac OS X DVDs.

---

Though...

You can clone the OS from your drive and get help for that.

But we can't help with the other, since it is along the same lines as I lost my activation code can somebody give me one.

11. s2mcpaul macrumors member

I had the same problem. I didn't read much of this message, are you reinstalling it on your computer? If you have the other disk, even if not, the apple store will reinstall it for you.

12. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Sounds like an issue with the brand of DVDR's you're using or the optical drive on your computer.

13. hugodrax macrumors 6502a

for the price of 5 cents a day you can end this nightmare by sending a check to Apple and receiving a new DVD. Think about it only 5 cents, thats less than the cost of one stick of chewing gum. Don't you think your time is worth more than 5 cents?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.