Lost Mac OSX from boot menu

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sky-Blue, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Sky-Blue macrumors newbie

After installing XP though boot camp i had a number of issues and had to restart half way though, but after i managed to install windows i have found that when i hold the option key to bring up the boot meny my Mac OS is missing from the menu, i am sure i didn't write over my mac partition as it is the same size that i allocated it when i was using boot camp assist and dont know what has happened.. Does it mean i have lost everything or is it posible to recover the partition or at least try to recover data from it?

Thank you.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...are you *sure* you installed XP on the right partition? You can try zapping the p-ram (boot while holding the command+option+p+r until you hear the startup sound twice) - sometimes that can resolve an issue. Also - boot from your OS X install disk and launch disk utility and see what the partition scheme looks like (size and format).....oh yeah!

3. Sky-Blue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks i will try that now, but yea i am sure as i did stick in the windows disk again as i was curious about the partitions and the others are still there.

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Be wary though, Duff Man, says a lot of things!