Lost MacBook Pro in BKK

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dr1ftw00d, Dec 30, 2009.

1. dr1ftw00d macrumors newbie

g'day guys,

hows it going?

hope your xmas has been wonderful and are gearing for a good year ahead..

this is my first post within a mac forum.. and I'm sorry to say its a gripe..

I traveled through Bangkok from Auckland to London. During the transit stay at BKK, I was out to explore the city..

And the next thing I remember is waking up about 24 hours later in a random hotel, drugged out.

the worst being I lost my Macbook Pro and the data within it along with cash and cards etc..

What Im cheesed off with myself is I didnt backup my laptop.. and thus lost my year old child's photos and videos.. that hurts me the most.. :(

I guess there is perhaps less ways to track my laptop.. but I would be keen to hear from you about any possible ways please?

Thanks very much for your time..
    and a have a good time ahead..

cheers guys

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You can report it to Apple, they will register the serial as stolen so if anyone brings it in for service it will be listed as such. I don't know how that works internationally. Reporting it to local authorities is usually the best and often times only route.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ouch, that really stinks. Sorry that something like that happened to you OP.

4. dr1ftw00d thread starter macrumors newbie

I've lodged a case with Apple. And apple expects a call from BKK police ? to proceed further on this case..

Weird..?

I've managed to lodge a complaint here in UK as well..
    hope that helps..

5. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Did you get roofied? Does your bum hurt? You might want to get an STD test. That is a crappy deal and I hope you get some kind of retribution.