lost (moved accidentally) cd when dragging

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kloopsmom, Nov 9, 2010.

1. kloopsmom macrumors newbie

Hi. I am a VERY noob. I popped a cd (containing photos) into the drive. Located it using the Finder and attempted to drag it to iPhoto. I somehow dropped it before it made it all the way there, and now I can't find it. I can find all the files individually using the finder, but it would be a lot easier not to have to deal with them individually. Help...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Finder > Preferences > Sidebar > Devices > CDs, DVDs and iPods. Check that to see the CD/DVD in your Finder's Sidebar, which is a place to hold shortcuts. Better to drag folders from the actual CD/DVD.

Also have a look at the following links to learn more about Mac OS X:

3. kloopsmom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help and the pointers.. when switching it's tough to know where to start!

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

Find any one of the individual files, and open it. Then hold the CTRL key and tap the icon in the title bar - and release the keys. You should now see a vertical list of icons and names. This is the path that leads to that file, starting at the bottom. So the bottom is your computer, then your harddrive, then the first folder, the 2nd folder, etc. finally leading to the folder that holds your CD, then the CD itself.

Click on the folder holding the CD to open that folder. Now you can drag the CD back to the Desktop, and start again.

I have my Finder windows set to show the path in the bottom bit of the window.... look for it in "View" - it's called "Path Bar" in Snow Leopard, and I think the same in Leopard. You can click on those icons as well.

Good Luck. Most of us have switched, at some point.... we've been there.