lost music on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pkagel, May 7, 2010.

1. pkagel macrumors regular

Today I was downloading 5 podcasts and 1 game to the iPhone and when it was done downloading I had lost all the music besides the one album I bought yesterday on the iPhone. It shows that the memory is still being taken up by the music but doesn't show in the directory. All my games are still there and everything else looks normal. This has happened once before last week. I have an iPhone 3G 16gb and it is not jailbroken.

2. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

OK, but all those threads seem to be about the phone filling up with "other." My prob is just that when I've downloaded a game that my music hides itself. As soon as I hook it back up to the Mac it fixes itself right up but it's just a pain in the rear when I'm on the road and don't have time for a sync.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The music was the "other" in those posts, so I thought you might have a similar problem and one of the fixes might help. They weren't able to see their music, but it showed up in iTunes as "other." Understand?

4. pkagel thread starter macrumors regular

Gotcha. Mine shows up as soon as I plug it into the Mac and it's listed as music. It's pretty much like it goes into hiding for whatever reason. I know I can do a full restore but I'm kinda holding out for the new 4.0 software and hoping it works. Heck, this thing is going to be an iPod as soon as that new iPhone comes out in June.