Lost music on iTunes, please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hannah284, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Hannah284 macrumors newbie

Hello, in order to free up some space on my macbook, my dad suggested I delete my music folder because it was simply a copy of my itunes (big mistake!). My itunes ended up wanting to locate each song when I tried to play it because itunes isn't a copy, its simply a way to play the music!
    I then remembered that I still had most of my music on my ipod touch. However, I realised that when I would sync it with my macbook, it would erase all the music on the ipod so I decided against that idea and tried looking on the internet for alternative ways of doing this.
    I came across various third party programs that would re-sync music from an ipod to itunes but I noticed that I would have to pay for it!
    Are there any other ways of doing this, if so please contact me asap because I desperately want to download some new music!
    Hannah

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

well, you could simply restore from your backup - that wouldn't cost a thing.

if you don't have a backup (as Apple virtually begs you to make), you have but two options:

1) pay for a 3rd party app
    2) re-purchase your media files

FWIW, i believe there may be a couple of free apps in this discussion.

good luck !

3. Hannah284 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for replying, as stupid as this may sound, I don't have a backup so I will be investing in an external hard drive over the next few days.

Due to this reason, I think my only chance at getting my music back is to try out the third party programs. I had a look at the link and found it very helpful and will try the ones that look most promising.

Thank you again!