Lost my apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doyle369, Nov 16, 2010.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

I got a brand new iphone 4 yesterday because mine broke, I have just done a restore from back up, and I thought that would get all my apps back, but it aint

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

After the backup you still need to sync apps

PS, don't use the word "ain't"

3. doyle369 thread starter macrumors regular

4. The Man macrumors 6502

In iTunes, just select the apps you previously used and sync it to your iPhone. Data of the apps should be there.

5. jman240 macrumors 6502a

The restore should have synced back his apps after it restored the files and settings. Odd that it didn't

Either way, you only ever have to pay once for an app so you can download them all again for free.

6. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Content such as music, videos, apps, etc. never get restored from backup. It would be useless since they should already by in your computer in your iTunes library.

Syncing and backing up the phone only saves other stuff, such as app game/file saves, text messages, settings, etc. Stuff that is not content.

When you restore from backup, it restores all the settings and that's it. Then you need to sync the phone as you normally would to put back all the music, apps, videos, etc that is sitting in your iTunes library. Usually this happens automatically when after it is restored. Sometimes it doesn't and you need to manually click the sync button.

If you don't have your apps in your iTunes library, you'll need to re-download them all. Stuff you previously paid for should be downloadable for free.