lost my bookmarks after an itunes sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zeppo2, Dec 1, 2011.

1. zeppo2 macrumors member

I was on Itunes trying to figure out how I can delete all the photos off my ipod touch while ensuring they are all saved on my imac. Well, let's put aside that nightmare for a bit, because trying to view and compare side-by-side the file names of photos you have stored on the ipod touch with those saved on the imac is obviously not a convenience we are not permitted to have-- I mean why make things simple and easy? But I digress...

Somewhere in the course of trying things out on itunes I was offered a selection that seemed to me to be saying that I could move bookmarks from my ipod touch to my imac, and as I read it, do so while keeping the bookmarks I already have on the imac, much as an import of bookmarks on a pc would work.

Not so. Instead it wiped my extensive imac bookmarks and replaced them with what I have on my ipod. Is there any way to get back what I had on my imac?

2. zeppo2 thread starter macrumors member

My old bookmarks reappeared integrated with the ipod ones after a restart of the computer this morning. Hurray!