Lost my boss' songs upgrading to OS4.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nimwhit, Nov 9, 2010.

1. nimwhit macrumors newbie

My boss wanted me to synch and upgrade his iPhone. It would not synch music because the computer was not authorized. Apparently his wife and daughter had added music to his phone and I didn't have access to either iTunes account. I backed up the phone understanding that would cover me if data was lost. NOW everything appears to be as it was EXCEPT iPad application states that there is no content. I can't afford to replace all the music that he had...I HOPE someone has a miracle suggestion.

I have not restored the backup because now after further research, songs are not included in backups??

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. nimwhit thread starter macrumors newbie

thx, was hoping for something a little more useful? :rolleyes:

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

what computer did you use for the upgrade? (your computer, or your boss's)

5. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Couldn't he just sync the phone back to his home computer or whatever computer he and his family originally used and put the songs back on?

6. nimwhit thread starter macrumors newbie

I used my computer at the office. Apparently they did not synch it after they loaded the music. He doesn't mess with computers so he has never synched it, only me.:eek:

7. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

swap the N with a D in your name and that will sum you up!

lol, sorry. in all seriousness, good luck. im not sure if he hasnt synced it with his computer, although im fairly certain itunes will recognise which songs he has already bought (and will therefore sync all purchased music). dont quote me on that though.

8. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Presumably he'd have to sync it to get his music on there?