Lost my entire Ipod library help needed.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cecil.jackson, Nov 23, 2012.

1. cecil.jackson macrumors newbie

Hi all, I'm traveling long term and a friend told me you can add music to ipod now from multiple computers just drag and drop. And like a fool I did just that without looking into it.

I had my ipod on manual sync and the same with the temp computer I was using, I dragged and dropped and well my library of close to 500 albums dissapeared. A little dissaponted I didn't get prompted this will sync and erase my library but again I should have researched better. So I have no access to my library because of long term travel.... Is there any thing at all I can do to reverse this mistake ?

No music for 9 months I don't like the sound of that.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Sadly, without access to your original syncing computer, you are kind of stuck. Is it an iPod Touch? If so, you could have someone on your sync machine sign you up for iTunes Match (24.99/yr) and you would then get access to all of your music on your iPod. You could then download what you want or just stream it over Wi-Fi.