Lost my Google maps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mitkokrik, Dec 26, 2009.

1. mitkokrik macrumors newbie

After I reinstalled the iphone firmware i got no google maps. When i set GPS to show my current location it just sets point over blank space. Plz help

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. mitkokrik thread starter macrumors newbie

still not working. Any chance that the new software erased the maps or something like that?

4. calvy macrumors 65816

did you by any chance reinstall firmware after jailbreaking? if you've had the phone jailbroken, and hidden some icons, when you restore from backup on a fresh install, those icons can become hidden again.

5. mitkokrik thread starter macrumors newbie

no icons are hidden everything is fine . i got the maps icon just i dont have offline information inside. No info at all. Just blank space with squares. It shows my location and cords in nowhere. Where did all the map info went?

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Oh, I misconstrued your question in my earlier post. One way you could get no maps to show up is when you are in airplane mode, since the 3G and EDGE and wifi radios are turned off, so there's no way to download the maps (unless you were to turn on wifi). So, are your radios working when you open up Google Maps? Maybe a restore in DFU mode is in order?