Lost my I-Library

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigbucks, Apr 24, 2011.

1. bigbucks, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

bigbucks macrumors newbie

I did a erase and reinstall on my mac the other day and I have time machine for backup but when time machine got done , I lost my Pictures in I-Photo ( 7000 pictures) and my I-Library was empty ! I do have all the pictures on my I-Phone though but Im afraid that I might lose them when I hook up it I-Tunes ! Is there a way to get my pictures back in my I-Photo Library ? Can anyone help me with this ?

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

First of all, what's an I-Library? Also, none of Apple's hardware/software is I-This, it's just iThis ("This" being the device/software). Just FYI.

Your Mac will ask if it's going to delete your photos from you iPhone, so go ahead and try it. There's likely no other way to get your pictures back, unless they're backed up somewhere you're not seeing (which is a definite possibility).

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Connect your phone, close iTunes (do not sync), open the application called "image capture," select all of the photos and copy them onto your computer from there.

Or open iPhoto and import. Just make sure you don't let iTunes sync.