Lost my Iphone 3g:( options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Khurram, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Khurram macrumors 6502

So I lost my iphone tonight at a Lakers game. Needless to say i'm very upset.

I called up ATT to have the line suspended. I tried to order a refurb but they told me I couldn't because I am not eligible. I asked what my options were.

One guy told me I have no options because I cannot get another iphone 3g at any price because apple does not sell them unless you are upgrading to a new line.

Another rep told me they could sell it for 499 for the 16gb or 399 for the 8gb.

Has anyone else had their phone lost/stolen and been able to get a new iphone 3g at the subsidized price? I'm hurting right now w/o it and i'm hoping I can get a replacement soon and w/o spending 500 bucks

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Wow.
    That's so horrible.
    I'm not sure what to say, but I guess the best thing you could do now is ask Apple nicely.
    Sorry I don't have much else to tell you.
    I guess you could get an iPhone off of eBay and use that.
    And AT&T won't know a thing.:p
    Hope it gets better for you.

3. Trueskool macrumors newbie

Don't know if this would work but it's worth looking into.

Cancel your current contract and pay the termination fee (I think it's 100 dollars, but that very well could be wrong). Then just sign up again.

Or ebay, craigslist, etc.

4. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

I broke my iphone 3g (which mine as well be the same as loosing it). ATT wouldnt help me. I went to the apple store and talked to them. Told them how it broke and the guy was really cool. He sold me a new iphone for $299. The apple store can waive the fees associated with ATT. I thanked him and he said that sometimes they have to look at the human factor. Maybe talk to them and see what they say. I found that just being completely honest with them worked real well. I was expecting to pay the 499-599 (whatever the unsubsidized price is) for the phone but they hooked me up. Good luck:)

5. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

6. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I lost mine over the holidays. It's $299/$399 for 8GB/16GB. They told me that you can get 1 replacement phone. This will extend your contract however.

The $399/$499 is if you don't want to extend your current contract.